Friday, July 27, 2012

Vacation Photos!

You can tell that I'm a vintage jewelry collector at heart.  I was in Utah and California for a combined total of almost 2 whole weeks and every day, I wanted to find another antique store / flea market / estate sale to go to!  As it was, I was only able to go out and buy jewelry 4 days out of the 12.


Not a bad haul, huh?

Anyway, my first trip was to an antique market in Springville, Ut called "Treasures Antique Mall."  It has two huge buildings and is right off of I-15. In the time that I had, I was able to go through only 1 building. I had hoped to go back for the other one later, but that never happened.

This is me making a pouty face. :(

Anyway, I was able to find some great deals! And one of my sisters-in-law found a multi-stranded freshwater pearl necklace worth a couple hundred dollars that was marked $30.  The staff was incredibly helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

Here's a better picture of the haul from Treasures:


The next day, I was talked into going to Deseret Industries, Utah's version of Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores.  We went to three "DIs" before I found one that had jewelry.  Unfortunately, they were all bagged together in mini lots, so I felt I was taking a risk, and I didn't come out with much.

The "good stuff" were a couple of Coro / Corocraft necklaces and a funky purple glittery beaded necklace, as well as a bunch of beaded necklaces that I'm selling as a "lot" on Etsy



After 5 days in Utah, I then flew out to LA to visit my brother and his wife.  I had a marvelous time there.  One day, we went to six estate sales, and I got a load of great jewelry!  Seeing the different architecture there was really neat too.  We were in Playa Del Rey, Venice, Santa Monica, and Marina Del Rey. I found an incredible beaded purse from the 1920s! I also picked up some great cameos and brooches.  The brooch in the middle is a Weiss! 



Another day, we went to a prop liquidator who sells off stuff from closed down theatrical productions, TV shows and Movies.  They had all of the jewelry from the "One Life to Live" soap opera.  I was able to pick up 6 vintage necklaces.  Unfortunately, the would not provide any proof or documentation that these pieces were on the show, so I cannot resell them based off of that information.  However I can add it as a neat story.  Supposedly the copper necklace on the bottom right corner of the picture was worn by the character "Dorian."



The whole reason for this trip WASN'T to buy jewelry, I can't forget that.  So here's some of the real reasons!












No comments:

Post a Comment