Monday, July 30, 2012

Randolph Street Market

On Saturday, I took one of my oldest friends for her first trip to the Randolph Street Market in Chicago.  We had a blast looking at all of the great antiques, vintage items, jewelry, and quirky things!  We even saw a pair of Laurel and Hardy lamps!  My family has a love of all things Laurel and Hardy, as my brothers are essentially Stan and Oliver re-incarnated. 


You can see so much other great stuff in the background of this photo!  I absolutely adore the market.  They had some amazing food vendors.  The lovely french nuns were there selling their baked goods from the St. Roger Abbey. Both my friend and I purchased incredible chocolate croissants and my friend also picked up a blackberry poundcake.  We also had lunch at a crepe stand at the fair also. (Unfortunately, I've forgotten the name of the crepe stand).

Anyway, of course, I purchased a bunch of jewelry while there.  I picked up several sterling silver brooches, some really cool cufflinks and a gorgeously stunning 1940s trembler brooch (top right of the picture).  It's not a huge haul as I did have to pay higher prices due to the venue, however I think I did well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment