Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grayslake Antique Market

Today I played hooky.

I didn't go to church.

I know, I know... I'm a baaaaaad girl.

But the weather was gorgeous!  It was 70 degrees, sunny, bright blue skies with cotton candy clouds, and a light breeze.  It didn't take long to talk my husband into playing hooky with me and driving up to the Grayslake IL Antique Market at the Lake County Fairgrounds. 

We got there with only 2.5 hours left before they closed for the day.  It was time for a power shop.  We quickly went through the outside vendors, skimming the tables and darting our eyes to look for items that we SPECIFICALLY wanted.  I, of course, searching for jewelry, and my husband looking for old crates and bee-keeping stuff.

I zipped by booths that normally I would have lingered at.  If I didn't see something on my first quick dig through a jumbled jewelry box full of stuff, then I moved on. Hubs started to walk ahead of me to scout out whether or not tables were "worth" looking at.  (Of course, I always went by anyway to judge for myself.

I do think I got some great deals!

Purchases from today at Grayslake
Some of the designer pieces I picked up were a Goldette Mesh Choker (Featuring the 3 graces); a Weiss white rhinestone necklace; a Florenza Demi Parure; a Kramer Enameled bee brooch; Hickock cufflinks; and a Coro Sterling Brooch!  I was also able to pick up 3 victorian brooches, and an Art Deco 1930s bird brooch!

1 comment: