Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Peek into My Normal Life

I don't know if I've told you this, but I don't do jewelry full time.  It's my hobby that pays for itself! Well, for now it's my hobby that pays for itself.  Maybe someday, in the future, I'll be able to devote more time to it.

But for now, the majority of my time will be spent here:




That wide and empty room is a classroom. 

I am a teacher.

What do I teach? Well, children mostly, but occasionally other teachers and administrators. 

Oh, what grade / subject do I teach? I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Reading and Language Arts.  My classes though are all ELL classess. (English Language Learners). I teach students who don't have a solid grasp of English yet.  A majority of my students are Spanish speakers. No, they are not all Mexican. I have students from Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Argentina, and Yemen.  In the past, I've taught students from Brazil, Ukraine, Poland, and Mongolia.

Why is my classroom so bare and empty? It's brand new!



This happened to my old classroom in April of last school year.

 
THAT was a whole pile of fun.

Anywho, I have a brand new classroom that is twice the size as my old classroom, has twice the technology, actually has storage in it (my old room had no book cases, cabinets or anything, just an old safe), AND has walls that I can stick things on (again, old room had brick. NOTHING sticks to brick!)



One of the reasons I've not been as good with posting or listing new items has been because I've been working and getting my school year ready to go!

Maybe soon, I'll get pictures of it set up and being used!

1 comment: